Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by André Widhani <an...@digicol.com> on 2020/07/14 16:32:50 UTC

Concurrent query execution and Solr

Hi,

Does anybody know if work is in progress to make Lucene's concurrent query
execution accessible through Solr? I am talking about this:
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2019/10/concurrent-query-execution-in-apache.html

I find this compelling in particular since the changes in LUCENE-7976 /
Solr 7.5 where, even after an optimize, you end up with a number of almost
equally sized segments. And for those who would go to Solr Cloud for
parallel query execution only because they have other means of redundancy
in place, this is a nice way to avoid additional complexity with ZooKeeper.

Thanks,
André

Re: Concurrent query execution and Solr

Posted by Mauro Asprea <ma...@gmail.com>.