Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by shengli cao <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/08 06:41:02 UTC

If someaone have a usage question, what should he do?

Hi everyone:

     I found some issues in github are usage questions, such as
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1522 ,
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/1523.

     I have some experience when I have some question about spring boot.
If you have some question about spring boot, you should :
     1. Ask the question in stackoverflow with tag 'spring-boot'.  Refer
to:
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.adoc#using-github-issues
     2. Or you can join the gitter :gitter.im/spring-projects/spring-boot ,
then ask the question there.
     If you donot follow this rule and you ask the question in github
issue, your issue will be added label named "for: stackoverflow" and
closed. Such as :
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/issues/11907.

     As follow, I think we use GitHub issues to track bugs and
enhancements. The dubbo project can also follow this rule:
     1.  If you have a general usage question please ask on  stackoverflow.
 Our developer should  monitor the 'dubbo' tag.
     2. If he want have the answer quickly, he can join out gitter about
dubbo.
     3. We should close the issue in github about question, add a label
named 'stackoverflow' , and guide them to stackoverflow at that they can
ask the question.

--

Best Regard!
cvictory

Re: If someaone have a usage question, what should he do?

Posted by Yong Zhu <di...@gmail.com>.
This is a good way to distinguish bugs/enhancements and usage questions.

IMO, at this phase(incubating), we also use github issues. It's convenient
to manage project, all things are in one place. What we need to do is
splitting the traffic into different mail lists and answer these issues
asap.

When Dubbo graduating from incubating, we can reconsider this way.