Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jz...@marketlinksolutions.com on 2005/03/31 20:22:33 UTC

Subversion Hooks

I have a linux server running subversion.

I have mounted a folder to my windows webserver as the apache user.
I added the following line to the post-commit file under the hooks directory
and granted it execute permissions
/usr/bin/svn update /mnt/iisdev//wwwroot/
post-commit is also owned by root.

from my workstation i update my source and it isn't automatically copied
over to the mnt dir.
if i run the post-commit manually it works just fine and updates the folder.

why is subversion not able to update the mnt automatically?

Secondly is there a way instead off just running svn update to run svn
update on the specific files being worked on in the repository.  If only 5
files are being worked on i would rather that only those 5 files be updated
instead of checking the entire repository for the updates.

Thanks

Jay Zorzi
Systems Administrator, Information Technology

MarketLink Solutions
see further. achieve more.

e - jzorzi@marketlinksolutions.com
t - 416.260.2800 x299
f - 416.260.2893

Re: Subversion Hooks

Posted by Robert Mohr <mo...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 31, 2005 3:22 PM, jzorzi@marketlinksolutions.com
<jz...@marketlinksolutions.com> wrote:

> I have a linux server running subversion.
>
> I have mounted a folder to my windows webserver as the apache user.
> I added the following line to the post-commit file under the hooks directory
> and granted it execute permissions
> /usr/bin/svn update /mnt/iisdev//wwwroot/
> post-commit is also owned by root.
>
> from my workstation i update my source and it isn't automatically copied
> over to the mnt dir.
> if i run the post-commit manually it works just fine and updates the folder.
>
> why is subversion not able to update the mnt automatically?

Have you tried having the www folder on a local disk, just to see if
your problem is how you're mounting the remote disk?

I also don't know much about your setup, but try what's at
<http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#website-auto-update> as well.

> Secondly is there a way instead off just running svn update to run svn
> update on the specific files being worked on in the repository.  If only 5
> files are being worked on i would rather that only those 5 files be updated
> instead of checking the entire repository for the updates.

Run 'svnlook changed /path/to/repos --revision $rev'.  The output is
what files were changed and what those changes were.  It is relatively
easy to parse into a list of filenames that were updated, to which you
can run 'svn update /working/copy/path/$file1
/working/copy/path/$file2 ...'.