Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Colin Saxton <cc...@exel.co.uk> on 2001/06/13 15:57:36 UTC

Large Strings as parameters...please respond?!

If I send large string data as a parameter or I receive large string data
then the SOAP RPC call fails...I know that developers have had similar
problems...has anyone fixed it or found a solution? Some of the string data
that I need to send can be in the realms of 10MB but most of the time it is
only between 20k-30k so you can see why I do not want to resort to using
attachments...I am using the StringDeserializer class....would I need to use
some other deserializer???

Using attachments would mean a big code change at this stage...

Please respond

Thanks,
	Colin

Re: Large Strings as parameters...please respond?!

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
There's nothing the code that would prevent you from passing
around large strings. What exactly fails? What's the error
message?

Sanjiva.