Posted to user@flink.apache.org by M Singh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2019/05/19 18:49:51 UTC

Apache Flink - How to pass configuration params in the flink-config.yaml file to local execution environment

Hey Flink Folks:
I was trying to find out how can pass the params in the flink-config.yaml file to a application running in local env.

Can I create a flink-config.yaml file and include it in the class path ? Or can I pass the parameters via the parameter tool ?
Please let me know if there is any documentation on this.

Thanks.

Re: Apache Flink - How to pass configuration params in the flink-config.yaml file to local execution environment

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You should be able to pass the Configuration via:

org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment#createLocalEnvironment(int,
org.apache.flink.configuration.Configuration)

Regards,

Dawid

Posted by M Singh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
 Hey Folks:  Just wanted to see if you have any advice on this issue of passing config parameters to the application.  I've tried passing parameters by using

ParameterTool parameterTool = ParameterTool.fromMap(config);StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();env.getConfig().setGlobalJobParameters(parameterTool);
But the parameters in the parameter argument are not picked up by the application.
Thanks again for your help.
Mans