Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manish Degan <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 11:54:54 UTC

Search on queue?

Hi,

I have been thinking of some high volume use cases where I want to utilize
Kafka. The message objects in my queue might have a date property. I want
to pull all messages till a date to perform certain actions. Currently, I
can continue listening but cannot confirm if there are any more messages
for the date which might still be in the queue. Would it be a good idea to
have configurable search props in a wrapper object that comes to Kafka and
for the users to use the field set by them for searches? Bit of complicated
use case but might be a good functionality.

Regards,
Manish