Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 14:24:24 UTC

Can I replace Spring IoC with T5 IoC?

Dear all,

I've been analyzing whether Tapestry 5 is suitable for my next
project. One question that arised when I take a look at Tapestry is
whether I can replace Spring IoC with Tapestry IoC. This replacement
is of course to use T5 IoC to bind other frameworks like JPA and
Acegi. One thing I really dislike about Spring is the XML
configurations. And the way I see it, T5 IoC has less fuss about XML
configs. Has anyone done this before?

Regards,
joshua

--
YM!: thejavafreak
Blog: http://www.nagasakti.or.id/roller/joshua/

Re: Can I replace Spring IoC with T5 IoC?

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
hi,

you could use Hivemind 2 ... uses Annotations too!
And there is the Spring JavaConfig project that provides
Spring annotations (never used myself)

the problem you face when using Tapestry IoC or
Hivemind 2 is that you will not find the rich integration
with other frameworks nor the abstractions
... like Spring does (e.g. mail api, session).
... of course you can reimplement it :)

If you don't need it you can go with Tapestry IoC or
Hivemind 2 (both in alpha stage!). I'm using Hivemind 1.1.1
for a couple of projects myself with no problems.

IMHO from a pure DI/IOC point of view there are only
few to no differences (e.g. Spring does not have contributions).
Maybe there are some performance issues but i never
had any nor looked for them :) ...

just my two cents :)

g,
kris