Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Software Dev <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/16 02:14:35 UTC

Where can I view the job status?

It's been awhile since playing with Hadoop. Recently installed the
latest version on my mac via homebrew and started all the services via
start-dfs.sh and start-yarn.sh.

In the past I was able to view the following urls:

http://localhost:50070/
http://localhost:50030

The later being the one to track the status of my running jobs. Now
the first url (dfshealth) works and looks great however the job
tracker url doesnt exist. Has this been removed in the latest version
of Hadoop?

I found that yarn is running on

http://localhost:8088/

But I don't see any progress and/or running jobs in that UI. Do Yarn
and JobTracker coexist or does one replace the other?

Any tutorials on Yarn out there?

Thanks

Re: Where can I view the job status?

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.
the port 8088 is the new web ui for yarn; it is supported by the resource
manager process;

Regards,
*Stanley Shi,*

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.