Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Taavi Tiirik <ta...@ibs.ee> on 2002/03/22 17:30:10 UTC

session info && custom valves

Hello,

I have defined my own valve that performs some global request listening
before any web application specific things kick in.

So I am in my valve's invoke method and want to use session attributes.
Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that at this point the session
information is not present. The following getSession() returns null:

((HttpServletRequest)request.getRequest()).getSession()

Is it possible to (somehow) use session information from inside my
valve code? How?

with best wishes,
Taavi

JSP on IIS 5.0

Posted by "A. Lai" <am...@yahoo.com>.
Anyone has some luck in getting Tomcat 4 to run with IIS?

After installing everything according to
http://www.vacodi.com/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html

and set up all ISAPI filters. Looks like JSP is not kicking in while it's
well alive on port 8080.
I have checked ALL IIS mapping, registry key and config XML files, to no
avail.

Any suggestions?

Alec