Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org> on 2008/02/04 20:12:34 UTC

[OT] Asynchronous database drivers

This past weekend I made a release of the asynchronous database driver
project I've been working on for the past few months.  I've been working
on this project as part of my master's thesis.

I call the project Asynchronous Database Connectivity in Java (ADBCJ),
http://adbcj.org/.  I've implemented asynchronous MySQL and Postgresql
drivers using MINA.  I've also implemented a driver that wraps JDBC and
achieves asynchronism using a thread pool.  The API and drivers are
still a bit immature and incomplete but I thought that making this
project more public would help with getting some feedback before I get
too far.

I have a simple tutorial for using ADBCJ at
http://code.google.com/p/adbcj/wiki/Tutorial.

Once I'm close to finishing my thesis, I would like to move ADBCJ over
to Apache and get these drivers production ready but that's a ways down
the road.

-Mike

Re: [OT] Asynchronous database drivers

Posted by "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <tr...@gmail.com>.
I think this is a great idea considering every bottleneck we find out
eventually is often a backend such as database.  I'd like to ping my
colleagues who are trying to store web documents into MySQL database.

Cheers,

2008-02-04 (월), 12:12 -0700, Mike Heath 쓰시길:

--
Trustin Lee - Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, Red Hat
http://gleamynode.net/