Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/09/03 18:51:24 UTC

Release Masters & Component Leads

I brought up this idea before (http://markmail.org/thread/75fv4ru7rd4vwrrb),
it was well received I think, but never made its way to our CuttingReleases
page. I'd like to move forward with formally introducing this concept on
our wiki page.

Component Lead:
- For each release, each repo has a Component Lead
- They perform release steps and signs off on a component (ios, android,
etc).

Release Master:
- Delegate release tasks
- Communicate release status
- Nag people responsible for unfinished tasks

Sound good?

Motivation behind making a single person the "release master" for a release:
 - To ensure that steps actually get done by ensuring each task has an owner
 - Improve coordination & communication during releases

Before I go and add this to the release wiki pages though:
- What should the process be for choosing the release master / component
lead?
    - Have a rotation?
    - Ask for volunteer each time?

Any other thoughts along the matter?