Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/05/08 11:12:10 UTC

No login page in Webtools

Hello,

While accessing  https://demo.ofbiz.org/webtools/control/main, no link
for Login or any page for Login is given. It should be changed.

Thanks
--
Divesh

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Should I open a jira issue for this?

Thanks
--
Divesh

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's a good point indeed Scott! I "plussed" too fast :/

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

From: "Chirag Manocha" <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
 >> I think theme change option should be available to user without login.

IMO It won't make any sense to provide the default option to change the
theme on the login page.
As it is difficult to predict how the changed theme will look like after
logging into back office application.

It makes only sense if you are logged in and you don't like the default
theme and you would like to change the default one to the one you like
then you can do it.
Also its good if "change theme" option is available on the Ecommerce
application.

The one behavior that I am expecting but not happening is:
Suppose after logging into back office application I changed to "Flat
Grey" theme and then if I logout from the application then login screen
should be based on "Flat Grey" theme.
Right now the default screen comes after logging out from the back
office application i.e login screen based on the BizznessTime theme.

And if user is first time visiting the application then the default
theme based login window will be shown IMO.

--
Ashish

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It's because webtools doesn't take you to a standard login screen like the rest of the webapps - it has this message in the middle instead.  I think the fix should be that it works like the rest of the pages and shows you the login box.  We still need support for whatever was missed here - but I didn't understand having to click that login link anyways ....

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Ravi <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I think this is an issue that was brought up a couple of days ago.
Just to make sure: is this only a problem with the BizznessTime theme?
In other words, if the no-user default theme is FlatGrey or Bluelight
then there should be a login link.

-David

Re: No login page in Webtools

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.