Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2011/07/09 12:07:29 UTC

Blog Created

Hi All,

https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/

Currently I have invited:

Dave and Andy as Admins
Dennis as Author

Anyone else wants an account please let me know.
(And let me know your Apache ID too as I'll send the invite
 to your Apache Address.)

Thanks

Gav...

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com>.
Is there an "editor" role?   I may not do much original blogging here,
but I could help with editing posts.

I'd also recommend that we adopt some goals for the blog (community
outreach, etc.) and set up an "editorial calendar" of planned future
posts.

-Rob

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Am 09.07.11 12:07, schrieb Gavin McDonald:
> Hi All,
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/
>
> Currently I have invited:
>
> Dave and Andy as Admins
> Dennis as Author
>
> Anyone else wants an account please let me know.
> (And let me know your Apache ID too as I'll send the invite
>   to your Apache Address.)
>
> Thanks
>
> Gav...

I'm interested in a Blog

Apache ID: rbircher

Re: Blog Created

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
I would like to help to admin. So please give an account. My ID is "marcus".

Thanks

Marcus

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/

Thanks for setting it up.

> Anyone else wants an account please let me know.
> (And let me know your Apache ID too as I'll send the invite
>  to your Apache Address.)

May I have an account?
My Apache ID: khirano

Thanks,
khirano

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Hi

A question about language. Is the ASF blog English only? I ask this,
because we have large userbases in many country and they may like to
follow the progress in there language.

Maybe we can add same language categories too.

Greetings raphael

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Gavin, Thanks!

RE: Blog Created

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Re: Blog Created

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On 2011/07/09 18:07, Gavin McDonald said:
> Hi All,
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/
>
> Currently I have invited:
>
> Dave and Andy as Admins
> Dennis as Author
>
> Anyone else wants an account please let me know.
> (And let me know your Apache ID too as I'll send the invite
>  to your Apache Address.)

I would like an account.  Thank you. ^_*'
Apache ID: imacat

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

OpenOffice.org http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Hopefully fixed (existing entries wont be fixed, new ones should be fine.)

Thanks!  I can read your Japanese "インターネットをもっと快適にv"
:)

> Please create another draft Japanese entry and test,

I will.

Thanks,
khirano

RE: Blog Created

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Great, issue closed.

Gav...

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin and all,

RE: Blog Created

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

RE: Blog Created

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
I created an Infra issue and will look into it.

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gavin McDonald san
>
> http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/

Do you know that this blog post was published and is live on the blog
website?  And went to the Apache planet aggregator, etc?

RE: PRIORITY: OO.o blog/Roller access for Don Harbison? [was Re: Blog Created]

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Yes all done and ready to rock n roll

Gav…

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Hey Gavin and the Infra team --

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
Gavin,

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jul 10, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/
>>
>> Currently I have invited:
>>
>> Dave and Andy as Admins
>> Dennis as Author
>>
>> Anyone else wants an account please let me know.
>> (And let me know your Apache ID too as I'll send the invite
>> to your Apache Address.)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gav...
>>

> Hi...I don't see that this is linked to anything? Well not any place on
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>
> Are there plans to do this?

Good catch. For now I added the Project Blog to ooo/site/trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext in the PPMC section.

Since the primary purpose of the blog is make announcements I put it there.

I think that the sidenav needs re-organization, but I think that needs to wait for some more serious design work. I hope my local website development instructions will help you get up to speed.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Blog Created

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Blog Created

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
I can see that the blog article was setup for Japanese (you can choose
dozends of languages in the drop-down-box). But the editor seems to be
unable to show these characters.

Marcus

Re: Blog Created