Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Hildebrandt, Ole" <ol...@eds.com> on 2004/05/12 12:11:50 UTC

Actions passing Data via Request

Hi,

I am going to use Actions to pass data via request to a Generator. Is there
anything to be considered regarding Threadsafety, Performance, etc when
using the request-objekt for doing this? And can an Action-Component be
pooled like Generators and Transformers?

Kind regards

Ole

AW: Actions passing Data via Request

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.

I see no threading issues, as your action would/should be exclusively
operating on the request.

> pooled like Generators and Transformers?

of course. if your action doesn't hold any shared state you can even declare
it Threadsafe so that only one instance will be created.