Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ali Abd El-Aziz Ali <al...@open-craft.com> on 2005/11/01 09:26:20 UTC

Help in dataTable please

I want to make two different renders for the columns headers of the
dataTable. say one will be commandButton and one will be outputtext
somthing like that:

<h:outputText value="#{columnHeader.label}"
              rendered="#{newEducationDataList.valueModifiable}"
       style="background-color: #FFDD00;text-align: center;width:100%"/>

<h:commandButton value="#{applicationScope.exampleBean.newdata}"
                 image="/ITWorx-HR/images/add.png"
                 rendered="#{!newEducationDataList.valueModifiable}"
                action="#{applicationScope.exampleBean.setNewEducation}"
alt="New"/>

when I made this two different renders inside the facet it didn't
display anything and when i made two facet it didn't work.

Please can any Body help me.

this is my dataTable Code

<t:dataTable id="data"
             styleClass="scrollerTableNoWidth"
             headerClass="standardTable_Header"
             footerClass="standardTable_Header"
             rowClasses="standardTable_Row1,standardTable_Row2"
columnClasses="standardTable_Column,standardTable_ColumnCentered,standardTable_Column"
             rowOnMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#A5CBFF'"
             rowOnMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFFFE0'"
             rowOnClick="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFE0E0'"
             rowOnDblClick="this.style.backgroundColor='#E0E0E0'"
             var="row"
             value="#{newEducationDataList.data}"
             reserveDataModel="false"
             rows="10"
             sortColumn="#{newEducationDataList.sort}"
             sortAscending="#{newEducationDataList.ascending}"
             preserveSort="true">
<t:columns id="columns"
value="#{newEducationDataList.columnHeaders}"
var="columnHeader"
style="width:100px">

    <f:facet name="header">
       <h:outputText value="#{columnHeader.label}"/>
    </f:facet>

    <!-- row is also available -->
    "/>

<h:commandButton image="/ITWorx-HR/images/add.png"
                 rendered="#{!newEducationDataList.valueModifiable}"
                 value="#{newEducationDataList.columnValue}"
                 action="#{newEducationDataList.setNewEducation}"
alt="remove"/>

<h:inputText rendered="#{newEducationDataList.valueModifiable}"
value="#{newEducationDataList.columnValue}" />
                                    </t:columns>
                                </t:dataTable>

Re: Help in dataTable please

Posted by Mathias Brökelmann <mb...@googlemail.com>.
If you have more than one component inside a facet you need to wrap
them with a h:panelGroup.

--
Mathias