Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by PierreB <pi...@realimpactanalytics.com> on 2015/01/26 12:15:42 UTC

[SQL] Self join with ArrayType columns problems

Using Spark 1.2.0, we are facing some weird behaviour when performing self
join on a table with some ArrayType field.
(potential bug ?)

I have set up a minimal non working example here:
https://gist.github.com/pierre-borckmans/4853cd6d0b2f2388bf4f
<https://gist.github.com/pierre-borckmans/4853cd6d0b2f2388bf4f>

In a nutshell, if the ArrayType column used for the pivot is created
manually in the StructType definition, everything works as expected.
However, if the ArrayType pivot column is obtained by a sql query (be it by
using a "array" wrapper, or using a collect_list operator for instance),
then results are completely off.

Could anyone have a look as this really is a blocking issue.

Thanks!

Cheers

P.

Re: [SQL] Self join with ArrayType columns problems

Posted by PierreB <pi...@realimpactanalytics.com>.
Should I file a JIRA for this?