Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 18:40:51 UTC

Re: why read ony ComponentEventException

This is a frequently-occurring user mistake, especially by developers
new to tapestry. And sometimes the error message is even more
misleading:

    org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.UnknownValueException: "Could not
find a coercion from type java.lang.String to type com.example.Foo"

I wonder if there's something that can be done to help, like making
the exception message more verbose about the common causes, or maybe
emitting a warning whenever ${...} is used in a component parameter in
a tml file and that parameter has a default binding prefix of "prop:"
or "var:"