Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Steve Torrefranca <st...@branders.com> on 2007/03/14 22:47:44 UTC

property: getSuggestedWords error in inputSuggestAjax

I have been reading this thread since I have the same problem as Bansi
but it looks unresolved?
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg34399.html

What causes the error:
SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/question.xhtml]
javax.el.ELException: /web/includes/choices.xhtml: Bean:
com.view.helper.CompanyInputSuggest, property: getSuggestedWords

TAG:
<s:inputSuggestAjax maxSuggestedItems="10"
suggestedItemsMethod="#{companyInput.getSuggestedWords}"
value="#{questions.answer.answer}"/>

BEAN:
public List<String> getSuggestedWords(String keyword, Integer maxItems){
    //more here
}

The error above is the only error I have.

Thank you

-Steve

Re: property: getSuggestedWords error in inputSuggestAjax

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
The resolution was that he didn't have the facelets taghandler class
installed for inputSuggest.   Once he did that, it worked fine.

Try
public List getSuggestedWords(String keyword, Integer maxItems){

I don't know if List and List<String> are equivalent in method signatures.