Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marijn Verkerk <m....@erasmusmc.nl> on 2004/07/16 09:32:38 UTC

apache umask 002

Hi folks,

I think I need to change the umask of the Apache daemon to "002", in
order to let both svnadmin to dump and apache to access my repositories.
Are their any security issues any of you guys experienced / can think
of? At the moment Apache is hosting a few (not very significant) sites,
besides the repositories.

My guess is that when you create files with Apache, which is unlikely
for any other reason that WebDAV access (I can think of), that either
Apache's group or the group of the GUID directory where the file resides
in, have write access to this file. One probably has to consider if this
is desirable!

Any comments?

Best regards,
M. Verkerk