Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Barclay <Da...@digitalfocus.com> on 2000/10/11 20:22:33 UTC

Re: does getReader() or getInputStream() work?

Betty Chang wrote:
>  My servlet is hanging after reading all
> the bytes, I think.  It never returns with a read byte count of -1.    I've
> tried reading lines, and the same thing happens -- it gets to the end and
> hangs.

What agent is doing the posting?

Is it possible that the agent is setting the Content-Length header wrong,
or not sending the correct number of bytes?

Otherwise, I don't know whether to suspect problem in Tomcat or in your
code.

Do you have any idea what the Transfer-Encoding is?  Does problem appear
with different browsers (assuming that's the kind of client involved)?

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus