Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Morten Holm <mh...@tradeshift.com> on 2011/06/14 17:08:18 UTC

Redelivery is not disabled when maximumRedeliveries is set to 0

Hi

Redelivery is not disabled when maximumRedeliveries is set to 0. I experience that one redelivery is always attempted.

The errorhandler  looks like this.

	<errorHandler xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring" id="failedMessagesErrorHandler"
		type="DeadLetterChannel" deadLetterUri="jms:deadLetters" useOriginalMessage="true">
		<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="0"/>
	</errorHandler>

It seems like the last line could be the problem:

From RedeliveryPolicy.java:
   /**
    * Returns true if the policy decides that the message exchange should be
    * redelivered.
    *
    * @param exchange  the current exchange
    * @param redeliveryCounter  the current retry counter
    * @param retryWhile  an optional predicate to determine if we should redeliver or not
    * @return true to redeliver, false to stop
    */
   public boolean shouldRedeliver(Exchange exchange, int redeliveryCounter, Predicate retryWhile) {
       // predicate is always used if provided
       if (retryWhile != null) {
           return retryWhile.matches(exchange);
       }

       if (getMaximumRedeliveries() < 0) {
           // retry forever if negative value
           return true;
       }
       // redeliver until we hit the max
       return redeliveryCounter <= getMaximumRedeliveries();
   }

Am I doing something wrong ? Are there some properties that I have to set ?

-- camel version: 2.7.1

--
Morten Holm
Developer

Voice: +45 31 18 91 08
Skype: morten.holm

http://tradeshift.com - INVOICING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER

Re: Redelivery is not disabled when maximumRedeliveries is set to 0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM, preben <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:
> Hi Morten
>
> I think you should configure redelivery policy on your jms connection
> factory. If you are using ActiveMQ look at
> http://activemq.apache.org/redelivery-policy.html

Yeah if your JMS broker supports dead letter queues, then consider
using that instead of the Camel error handler.
Then its native baked into your JMS broker.

ActiveMQ has support for that.

> /preben

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Redelivery is not disabled when maximumRedeliveries is set to 0

Posted by Morten Holm <mh...@tradeshift.com>.
Hi

Thanks for your answers and help. I ended up using your advice to use the redeliveryPolicy to set the maximumRedeliveries to 0 on my activemq connection. That helped. Thanks again!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Morten Holm <mh...@tradeshift.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.