Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Frederic Beaumont <fb...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/30 22:36:31 UTC

Test plan recording automation

Hello,

My goal is to record JMeter test plan automatically by running a functional
test script (Webdriver script for example).

Is it possible to start the Test Script Recorder mode from the command line
(no GUI), and specify a default template test plan ?

Another approach could be using JMeter API with the Proxy class, do you
have a code sample explaining how to do that ?

Any other approach is welcome...

Thanks,
Frederic

Re: Test plan recording automation

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frederic,
Your use case is interesting.

In your use case - you get more changes with the "HTTP API" (the data which
is send between the browser to the server) rather than with th UI?
I mean - the functional tests (selenium?) are more rubost than JMeter tests?
This is interesting because from my experience we get much more changes to
the functional tests than to our jmeter tests.
Can you share more of why that happens for you?

Regarding the code parser - could you share how that works? Is that
something you've developed? What does it do for you?

Couple of suggestion for you:

1. To be able to automatically record is to have a dedicated host which
acts as your proxy for all functional tests.
This proxy will be a constant JMeter instance with proxy running on it.
You can then manually look at it, once in a while and save the samplers you
need.

2. Get a plugin to save all your browser activities into HAR format and
then try HAR2JMX convertors (I've never tried those myself):
http://seitenbau.github.io/har2JMeter/ or
https://flood.io/blog/16-convert-har-files-to-jmeter-test-plans

Shmuel Krakower.
www.Beatsoo.org - re-use your jmeter scripts for application performance