Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Sony Joseph <so...@eself.com> on 2001/04/05 20:02:44 UTC

Getting Involved..

Hi,

	I would like to get involved in the project once this phase has been
completed. How should I go about it and also are there any documentation
other than those put on the web I could take a look at .

Thanks,
Sony

Re: Getting Involved..

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Sony Joseph wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I would like to get involved in the project once this phase has been
> completed. How should I go about it and also are there any documentation
> other than those put on the web I could take a look at .

The best way to get involved is to participate in conversations first, and submit
patches next.  When you have sent enough patches of good quality, we will most
likely just make you a committer (seeing as how we are typically lazy...).

As far as background documentation beyond the website, I would follow the links
to the offsite background info.  If you've already done that, I would recommend
checking out the book "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented
Software" published by Addison-Wesley (ISBN 0201633612).  The book is not
required to understand Avalon, but it provides a good foundation for the different
patterns included in it and the Java API.

RE: Getting Involved..

Posted by Sony Joseph <so...@eself.com>.
Thanks for the info. I definitely look forward to contributing to all the
efforts going on.

- Sony

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.