Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Patrick van Kann <pa...@fortune-cookie.com> on 2005/02/07 14:27:39 UTC

Serving slide content from another webapp

Hello,

I have a requirement that means developers need to be able to edit JSP files (i.e. get and put from a WebDAV-aware IDE) on a Slide WebDAV server. I understand that this requires the disabling of the JSP servlet for the Slide app (otherwise it intercepts puts and gets before the WebDAV servlet gets them)

However, I need to be able to execute the JSP files from a browser or IDE during development (round-tripping), and also provide a "public" website that allows non-developer users to access the JSPs.

Is it possible to create a new "read-only" webapp that serves content from the same Slide repository as my Slide webapp (without being Slide/WebDAV enabled)? For example, it seems that Cocoon has a module that uses the "slide://" prefix to access a slide domain's content - is there anything like this available for non-Cocoon apps?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Re: Serving slide content from another webapp

Posted by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net>.
I'm not an expert but it seems to me that you have a couple of potential
    1. Use a 'nix style link on the server-side to map two paths - one
of which is served by the Slide WebDAV servlet, the other of which is
mapped to the JSP servlet.
    2. Add a hook so that when a file is successfully 'PUT' slide also
copies it to a path where it can act as a JSP.
    3. A little more complex to implement but maybe a better fit: I've
yet to try it, but slide has support for the WebDAV BIND spec which
should allow you to map more than one URL to the same content, you might
be able to use this to map a 'readable' and an 'executable' path to your
JSPs.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist