Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/28 02:29:44 UTC

generated manifest loses things on the way into the jar

In my project, (using 2.3.5 and the bundle packaging) a perfectly
reasonable manifest appears in target/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.

However, the manifest that is actually delivered to the jar is
DIFFERENT, and lacks a critical Export-Package.

I don't know how to attack this.

Re: generated manifest loses things on the way into the jar

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 28 August 2011 01:29, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my project, (using 2.3.5 and the bundle packaging) a perfectly
> reasonable manifest appears in target/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF.
>
> However, the manifest that is actually delivered to the jar is
> DIFFERENT, and lacks a critical Export-Package.
>
> I don't know how to attack this.

I tried your example in FELIX-3091 and the export is there, but the last "t"
of the package is wrapped onto the next line. For some reason the manifest
extracted from the jar file has a different line-length wrapping than the
one written out to target/classes. But they do show the same packages when
you unwrap the content.

Note, you can use bnd to pretty-print the manifest which can help when
searching:

     java -jar bnd.jar print
target/org.apache.maven.doxia.eclipse.dependencies_1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

See http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/CommandLine http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Download

--
Cheers, Stuart