Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by linuxsupport <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/06 06:40:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache on CentOS 6 -- lots of reading requests

I am facing a problem with Apache on CentOS 6

Apache 2.2.19 is complied from source.

I see so many reading requests in Apache status page, as per my previous
experience this "reading request" issue mainly comes when any of the
internet route having any problem and request takes time to completely
reach to Apache, but this time there is no network issue.

I have ran same setup on CentOS 5 it works well, but on CentOS 6 it show
60%+ reading requests, web site has 20-25 requests per second that becomes
80+

I also tried to upgrade Apache to 2.2.24 but it is same on new version as
well.

Anyone else has experienced this issue?

RE: [users@httpd] Apache on CentOS 6 -- lots of reading requests

Posted by "Anthony J. Biacco" <ab...@formatdynamics.com>.
I'd like to resurrect the below thread as I'm seeing this on my new CentOS 6.4 (kernel 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64)/Apache 2.2.24 (compiled) servers.
Never had the problem on my CentOS 5 ones.
I can't lower my timeout in apache, as I have dynamic backend content needing a 120+s timeout.
Haven't found anything else out there to solve this problem and seems to me like it'd be a doozy.

Any help is appreciated.

-Tony

Posted by linuxsupport <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Wanat <ma...@gmail.com>.