Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Hendro Kaskus <he...@kaskusnetworks.com> on 2010/07/15 05:55:08 UTC

Data in Cassandra

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie to Cassandra :D.. I try to insert data from MySQL to Cassandra.
Data dump from MySQL is about 11 MB (64716 records). But when i'm insert to
Cassandra, i think the data is become bigger than in MySQL. Is it true...???

Thanks

Re: Data in Cassandra

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Short answer: yes, this is normal.

Longer answer: this was discussed at length on this list a few days
ago, check the archives.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Data in Cassandra

Posted by Dimitry Lvovsky <di...@reviewpro.com>.
It could be that your Cassandra nodes haven't full compacted yet.

--
Dimitry Lvovsky
Director of Engineering