Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rafal Markut <ra...@mediawave.de> on 2004/09/15 14:57:35 UTC

Session ID in a URL - doesn't work

Hello,

I want to use session per URL. I have application which name is "test".
I added into conf/server.xml: <Context path="/test" docBase="test"
cookies="false"/>

I wrote a small JSP page (of course with <%@ page session="true" %>) to
test if it works. Unfortunately when it calls new page then it always
creates new session (so it means that information saved in session in
information about session ID.

What is interesting/strange ... when I typed cookies="false" and I
blocked all cookies in my browser then it works! But it shouldn't work.

Tomcat version: 4.1.30
My application looks like that:
It has two directories: jsp and WEB-INF.
I have in "jsp" directory only this jsp page for testing.

In WEB-INF I have only one web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

    <display-name>My test</display-name>
    <description>
      My test
    </description>

</web-app>

Did somebody have problem like that?
I make something wrong but I don't know what ;-)

Best regards,
Rafal

AW: Session ID in a URL - doesn't work

Posted by Rafal Markut <ra...@mediawave.de>.
I just want to have session ID with URL (not cookie). I heard that there
was a bug in IE - this bug causes that the session might be deleted.
So I want to have session tracking with URL.

What are you intending to do? sounds to me like you might use a better
approach like session wide beans....

Rafal Markut escribió:

>Hello,
>
>I want to use session per URL. I have application which name is "test".
>I added into conf/server.xml: <Context path="/test" docBase="test"
>cookies="false"/>
>
>I wrote a small JSP page (of course with <%@ page session="true" %>) to
>test if it works. Unfortunately when it calls new page then it always
>creates new session (so it means that information saved in session in
>information about session ID.
>
>What is interesting/strange ... when I typed cookies="false" and I
>blocked all cookies in my browser then it works! But it shouldn't work.
>

>Tomcat version: 4.1.30
>My application looks like that:
>It has two directories: jsp and WEB-INF.
>I have in "jsp" directory only this jsp page for testing.
>
>In WEB-INF I have only one web.xml:
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>
><!DOCTYPE web-app
>    PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
>
><web-app>
>
>    <display-name>My test</display-name>
>    <description>
>      My test
>    </description>
>
></web-app>
>
>Did somebody have problem like that?
>I make something wrong but I don't know what ;-)
>
>Best regards,
>Rafal

John Villar
Gerente de Proyectos