Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/01 01:02:57 UTC

Re: Is hadoop-streaming.jar part of the Apache distribution?

I went to the top Google hit for "Hadoop streaming" and didn't notice that
this was the 0.15.2 documentation instead of the one that matches my
version.

However, the 0.20.2 documentation has the same error:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/streaming.html#Hadoop+Streaming
.

I verified that this is also the case with the files installed locally in my
/opt/local/hadoop-0.20.2/docs folder.

Is there a place I should file a documentation bug?

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 5:32 AM, W.P. McNeill <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, the 0.20.2 documentation has the same error:
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/streaming.html#Hadoop+Streaming
> .

Looks like the current release (0.21.0) and trunk also have the same error.

> Is there a place I should file a documentation bug?

Yes, there is the Apache JIRA issue-tracker available for Hadoop
MapReduce here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE --
["documentation" component]

In case you're interested in submitting a patch, the sources for the
documentation is available at
src/docs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/streaming.xml

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com