Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/20 06:36:15 UTC

Re: EAR project produces application.xml, but EJB module is missing

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Markus KARG <ma...@headcrashing.eu> wrote:

> What do you mean with "maps to"?

An EJB is a .jar file. If you don't specify any type, jar is the default
and since they share the same extension, Maven is able to resolve the
dependency. One improvement would be to look at the pom file and realize
the packaging is set to ejb and issue a warning in this case.

Feel free to open a Jira for this.

Thanks,
S.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Stephane Nicoll
<st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Markus KARG <ma...@headcrashing.eu> wrote:
>
>> What do you mean with "maps to"?
>>

> An EJB is a .jar file. If you don't specify any type, jar is the default
> and since they share the same extension, Maven is able to resolve the
> dependency. One improvement would be to look at the pom file and realize
> the packaging is set to ejb and issue a warning in this case.
>
> Feel free to open a Jira for this.

Don't forget the patch and tests please.
That will improve the chances of being included.