Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/14 07:57:19 UTC

[Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Hello Dev Community,

I have been trying to setup Kafka in Intellij. When i try to run Kafka
class in core package. it takes infinite time. It keeps loading.

I want to pick up some newbie Kafka issues and work on them but this setup
is not working for me.

If anyone can help me setting up kafka project in Intellij that would be
great help.

--
Chandresh Pancholi

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tao Xiao, It worked.

--
Chandresh Pancholi
+91-8951803660

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
one more thing you need to do is to include slf4j-log4j in build.gradle as
it is not included as compiled by default

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:21 AM chandresh pancholi <
chandreshpancholi007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wondering if below exception is anywhere related
>
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
> details.
> SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticMDCBinder".
> SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation MDCAdapter implementation.
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#no_static_mdc_binder for
> further details.
>
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM chandresh pancholi <
> chandreshpancholi007@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have given full path in VM options
>>
>> *-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/Users/Chandresh/opensource/kafka/config/log4j.properties*
>>
>> still no logs in console.
>>
>> [image: Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 8.44.34 PM.png]
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 8:16 PM tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> yes, you need to add log4j to jvm option
>>>
>>> -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/path/to/log4j.properties

>>> in

>>> seeing

>>> https://medium.com/@manasvi/getting-started-with-contributing-to-apache-kafka-part-1-build-and-run-kafka-from-source-code-f900452fdc06

>>> days.

>>> this

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Tao
>>>

>> --
>> Chandresh Pancholi
>> +91-8951803660
>>

> --
> Chandresh Pancholi
> +91-8951803660

Tao

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Chandresh Pancholi
+91-8951803660

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Chandresh Pancholi
+91-8951803660

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
yes, you need to add log4j to jvm option

-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/path/to/log4j.properties

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 10:33 PM chandresh pancholi <
chandreshpancholi007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me rephrase it.
>
> I figured out that Kafka is running successfully but i can't see logs in
> IntelliJ console. To see the logs do i have to change any properties.
>
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 5:53 PM chandresh pancholi <
> chandreshpancholi007@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sadly, No luck !!
>>
>> [image: Screenshot 2019-10-14 at 5.52.55 PM.png]
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM Manasvi Gupta <fa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you try copying config/log4j.properties to
>>> core/src/main/resources/log4j.properties and see if it helps?

>>> wrote:
>>> >

>>> https://medium.com/@manasvi/getting-started-with-contributing-to-apache-kafka-part-1-build-and-run-kafka-from-source-code-f900452fdc06

>>> Kafka

>>> would be

>> --
>> Chandresh Pancholi
>> +91-8951803660
>>

> --
> Chandresh Pancholi
> +91-8951803660

Tao

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Let me rephrase it.

--
Chandresh Pancholi
+91-8951803660

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sadly, No luck !!

--
Chandresh Pancholi
+91-8951803660

Re: [Newbie][IntelliJ Setup] How to run Kafka in IntelliJ

Posted by Manasvi Gupta <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandresh pancholi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Manasavi,

Posted by Manasvi Gupta <fa...@gmail.com>.