Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Bbiswabasu Roy <bb...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/05 16:28:12 UTC

Implementing client to use resizing-method display-update

I have set the property "resize-method" to "display-update" on the Java
server and on the client side, I am calling client.sendSize(x,y) whenever
the window resizes. Using the tunnel.oninstruction() event, I also found
that instruction with opcode "size" are being received on the client side.
But the remote display size on the client is not updating. What am I
missing?

Re: Implementing client to use resizing-method display-update

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Feb 5, 2023, 6:28 AM Bbiswabasu Roy <bb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have set the property "resize-method" to "display-update" on the Java
> server

There is no "resize-method" property. There is a "resize-method" connection
parameter that you would set for the specific connection.

and on the client side, ...

What do you mean by this? The behavior of a connection is controlled
strictly by the server. There is nothing on the client side to set.

I am calling client.sendSize(x,y) whenever the window resizes. Using the
> tunnel.oninstruction() event, I also found that instruction with opcode
> "size" are being received on the client side.

What about the "oninstruction" handler that the client adds when you
provide it with the tunnel? Are you replacing that handler with your own,
effectively blocking the client from handling received instructions?

Assuming you are not preventing the instruction from being received, that
instruction is used for resizing any layer, not just the display. Receiving
it does not necessarily mean the display is resizing - it could be any
graphical surface, including off-screen surfaces.

On the other hand, if it is for the display layer (layer 0, aka the default
layer), then the display is resizing, though it's up to the remote desktop
to honor the requested size. The RDP server is not obligated to resize.

But the remote display size on the client is not updating. What am I
> missing?

Are you sure the remote desktop supports the Display Update channel? What
do you see in the guacd logs with debug-level logging?

- Mike