Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Olivier Toupin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/05 21:25:12 UTC

Spark UI history job duration is wrong

Hello,

I'm using Spark 1.2.0 and when running an application, if I go into the UI
and then in the job tab ("/jobs/") the jobs duration are relevant and the
posted durations looks ok.

However when I open the history ("history/app-<xyz>/jobs/") for that job,
the duration are wrong showing milliseconds instead of the relevant job
time. The submitted time for each job (except maybe the first) is different
also.

The stage tab is unaffected and show the correct duration for each stages in
both mode.

Should I open a bug?

Re: Spark UI history job duration is wrong

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting this - it definitely sounds like a bug. Please
open a JIRA for it. My guess is that we define the start or end time
of the job based on the current time instead of looking at data
encoded in the underlying event stream. That would cause it to not
work properly when loading from historical data.

- Patrick