Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/04/26 02:29:37 UTC

JSP's will not recompile on windows 2000

I am using tomcat-apache on Linux and have no problems.  We have recently
set up tomcat as a stand alone server on windows 2000 machines for
development purposes.  For some reason, when I make changes to a jsp file,
they only show up some of the time.  I am using a context for each site I
create jsp's in.  For example, when I create a jsp at
http://localhost/site1/jsp/test.jsp, I can see the jsp and everything works
fine.  When I make a change to that site, it sometimes shows up, but not
always.  I have everything set to reload on the server and my browser as far
as I know.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brandon

RE: JSP's will not recompile on windows 2000

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
actually, I think I found my error there.  I guess what I really need to do
now is find a way to specify something like a virtual host on a development
machine. For example...

I have a context as follows

<Context path="/ClientName"
        docBase="c:\Project\ClientFolders\ClientName\html"
	         crossContext="true"
	         debug="1"
	         reloadable="true"
	         trusted="false" >
</Context>

I want to be able to use all relative links so that we can transfer over to
our production machine that is actually running virtual hosting.  Our links
should look like this...

Since we are using contexts though, it tries to go to localhost/jsp/test.jsp
with a link like that, there is no file in this directory.

Does anyone know how to get around this without having to change all the
code when we roll over to production?

Thanks!

Brandon