Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2011/01/13 08:12:21 UTC

Re: Interested Mahout developers in the UK (or Europe?) -- and the US

Hi there,

now that someone else made a move on open positions, let me add mine:
Yahoo! is always looking for good devs in the large scale machine
learning world. Feel free to email me directly for the details of some
of the positions I know of right now.

Take care,

Markus

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the future, please add [Jobs] to the subject line- thanks.

if you are looking for a job, it might be a good idea to subscribe
there (traffic really is manageable), if you are looking for people, it
might be a good idea to at least CC: that mail address.

Shameless plug: Adding yourself to the list of Mahout users on our
Powered By page certainly drives attention to the cool stuff you
are doing - especially when including details. ;)

Isabel

[Jobs] Re: Interested Mahout developers in the UK (or Europe?) -- and the US

Posted by Matt Spitz <ms...@meebo-inc.com>.
(adding the subject line)

To repeat exactly what Markus said with a different company name ( :) ),
meebo is definitely interested in hiring those interested in data
analytics<http://www.meebo.com/jobs/openings/data/>and highly-scalable
machine learning <http://www.meebo.com/jobs/openings/server/> folks.  I
really hate shameless self-promotions, but what we're doing is actually
really awesome from an ML perspective, so I figured I'd share.  I'm actually
working on all this stuff (which is why I'm on user@); not a recruiter.

Feel free to email me with questions/whatnot.

Thanks!
-Matt

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

--