Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com> on 2017/03/30 09:54:40 UTC

No issue with 7.0.2 but issue with 7.0.3 using @JsonProperty coming from jackson

Hello,

We have a rest Api which uses POJO classes with Bean Validation annotations (like @Pattern, @NotNull) and Jackson annotations like @JsonProperty.
Previously, using TomEE 7.0.2, we have no issue using the @JsonProperty Jackson annotation. Indeed, this kind of annotations was taken into account.

But when we migrate to 7.0.3, it seems that the @JsonProperty Jackson annotation is not anymore taking into account ☹
Is there any way to fix that ?

Best Regards.
________________________________

Re: [+SPAM+]: Re: No issue with 7.0.2 but issue with 7.0.3 using @JsonProperty coming from jackson

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Francois.Courtault@gemalto.com>:

> Hello Romain,
>
> Not sure to understand. TomEE 7.0.2 is JAX-RS 2.0 as well as TomEE 7.0.3,
> right ?

Yes

> What do you mean by "ensure jackson was set with application/json
> mediatype" ?

By default TomEE uses Johnzon since first 7.0.0 release. It sets it as the
least prioritized application/json provider to let the users use something
else and the usage be quite smooth and automatic.

Jackson doesn't respect this JAXRS constraint (yes JAXRS 1 -> JAXRS 2
resolution got clarified...and broke even if it shouldnt have been). In 2
words jackson uses */* which means the last one to use if none are
matching. Since johnzon uses application/json (and application/*+json IIRC)
then it is used cause matching the request where jackson doesnt.

If you wrap jackson provider in a custom one changing this @Consumes and
@Produces it will work automatically.

Here is the bug
https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-jaxrs-json-provider/blob/master/src/main/java/com/fasterxml/jackson/jaxrs/json/JacksonJsonProvider.java#L55