Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by roshan joseph <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/18 03:42:06 UTC

Reference a BPEL service from a Java SCA service

Hi,
I am trying to call a BPEL service something similar to a helloworld-bpel from my java-sca-service using interface.wsdl. When I start my SCA domain everything works fine, but I get a Null Pointer Exception in my console window. The BPEL service call executes fine, but I am not able to understand why this error is generated.

Can someone help me understand why this is happening? The error in the console is as given below.

Starting BPELMotionReactorService
- Using Embedded Derby : jdbc:derby:D:\Prototype\java-sca-service\bin\database/jpadb
- Using DAO Connection Factory class org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.BPELDAOConnectionFactoryImpl.
- Using database dialect: DERBY
- BPEL Server Started.
- ODE BPEL server started.
- >>> Deploying : D:\Prototype\java-sca-service\bin\classes
- info: [CompilingProcess] Compiling BPEL process.
- Starting OpenJPA 0.9.7-incubating
- OpenJPA will now connect to the database to attempt to determine what type of database dictionary to use.  To prevent this connection in the future, set your openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary configuration property to the appropriate value for your database (see the documentation for available values).
- Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary" (Apache Derby 10.3.1.4 - (561794) ,Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.3.1.4 - (561794)).
- Activated process {http://bpel/motionreactorworkflow}MotionReactorWorkflow-1.
Completed calling new Process deployment code...
- SCA Domain started with motionreactorws.composite - (press any key to shutdown)

**************SCADomainReactor Server started******************
- Scheduled job failed; jobDetail={mexid=hqejbhcnphr3o3j2e7tn4c, iid=4854, type=INVOKE_RESPONSE, channel=20}
java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:305)
      at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelServerImpl.java:364)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:335)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:334)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:173)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:333)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:330)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
- Error while executing transaction
org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.Scheduler$JobProcessorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:328)
      at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelServerImpl.java:364)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:335)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:334)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:173)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:333)
      at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:330)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:305)
      ... 11 more

Thanks and appreciate any help in advance…

Regards
Roshan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Reference a BPEL service from a Java SCA service

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Roshan,

This error is from deep in the ODE BPEL engine that Tuscany uses to run BPEL processes.  It's not an
error that I've seen with any of the BPEL applications that I have run.

Can you post details of your SCA application please?  Like the composite file you are using, the
BPEL process script, related WSDL files etc.  This may give us some hint as to what is going on.

Also - have you run a BPEL process component successfully with your setup (eg one of the Tuscany
sample applications)?

Yours,  Mike.