Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Pieter De Wit <pi...@insync.za.net> on 2013/04/10 11:02:28 UTC

Re: [apache.insync.za.net] your apache mirror

Hi Guys,

I don't understand why my mirror is listed as old,
zzz/time.txt contains:

1365572881 minotaur.apache.org

Which is:

Wed, 10 Apr 2013 05:48:01 GMT

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

Pieter

support@insync.za.net,

> thanks for supporting apache.org with your
apache mirror at

> http://apache.insync.za.net/ [1]
>
> We have
looked at your mirror and it appears to be 23 days old.
> Last
successful probe : Tue Mar 19 05:48:00 2013 [UTC].

> Please see the
overview of the state of all apache mirrors :

http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ [2]

> If your mirror becomes too much
out-of-date,
> we will have to delete it from the mirror list.
>
> If
you have questions, please look up the how-to-mirror page

http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html [3]

the mirrors list (mirrors@apache.org).

> NOTE : this reminder mail is
generated automatically, and
> it is sent once a week to mirrors over 3
days old.

> -- Please do NOT rsync from both the 'europe' and 'usa'
servers ;
> just use the 'world' server or pick one of the regional
servers.

> Thanks, regards,
>
> The apache.org mirror team.

Some quick reference info :

> -- apache rsync sources for your apache
mirror :

> world : rsync.apache.org
> europe : rsync.eu.apache.org

usa : rsync.us.apache.org

> -- The 'world' server is geo-aware ; it
resolves to the 'europe'
> or 'usa' server, depending on your
location.
> -- Please do NOT rsync from both the 'europe' and 'usa'
servers ;
> just use the 'world' server or pick one of the regional
servers.

> -- rsync command to use :
>
> rsync -avz --delete
SOURCE::apache-dist /path/to/mirror

> where SOURCE is one of the
apache rsync sources.

> Use --progress when you rsync 'by hand'.

-- your crontab entry should be like

> MIN HR * * * /usr/bin/rsync
>
> where MIN (for minute) is some number between 0 and 59

and HR for (hour) is a number between 0 and 23 ; example

> 42 7 * * *
/usr/bin/rsync .....
> 23 21 * * * /usr/bin/rsync .....
>
> Please
don't use minute 0, because everybody does that :-)

> BAD : 0 21 * *
* /usr/bin/rsync .....

> Never, never use minute * ; you will sync
*every*minute*.

> VERY, VERY BAD : * 21 * * * /usr/bin/rsync .....
>

> -- frequency : once or twice a day is fine ;
> more than four times a
day is too much.

> -- if you have permission problems (files and
directories are
> created with 'bad' modes), set a proper umask ; for
details,
> see our "how-to-mirror".
>
> umask 022 ; rsync ...
>
> --
If your network is slow or unreliable, consider mirroring
> only a
subset of the apache distribution :

rsync.apache.org::apache-dist-most

> For details, see our