Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stuart Swindells <ap...@tolien.co.uk> on 2006/05/27 00:19:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 filename rewriting

I'm currently running the Apache 2.0.55 Debian package

I've found that if I use a URI, e.g., /test/, and a file /test.php
exists, I get the test.php file. This doesn't happen with Apache 1.3,
and I've also tried compiling from source, with the same result.
This screws up rewrite rules, so is there any way to disable this?

I did have a look through the documentation (and didn't find anything),
and wasn't completely sure what to Google, so it's highly likely I've
missed something (in which case a pointer would be nice).

Thanks,
Stuart

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 filename rewriting

Posted by Stuart Swindells <ap...@tolien.co.uk>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 5/26/06, Stuart Swindells <ap...@tolien.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'm currently running the Apache 2.0.55 Debian package
>>
>> I've found that if I use a URI, e.g., /test/, and a file /test.php
>> exists, I get the test.php file. This doesn't happen with Apache 1.3,
>> and I've also tried compiling from source, with the same result.
>> This screws up rewrite rules, so is there any way to disable this?
>>
>> I did have a look through the documentation (and didn't find anything),
>> and wasn't completely sure what to Google, so it's highly likely I've
>> missed something (in which case a pointer would be nice).
>
> Remove "MultiViews" from your Options lines.
>
> Joshua.

Works perfectly, thanks!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.