Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Ahmed Ragab <ah...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/13 11:21:38 UTC

Collection interaction

Hi all,

I want to create an action that edits an element in a collection of domain
object. The collection elements are not domain objects it's just an
embedded list.

Regards,
Ahmed Ragab, M.Sc.
http://about.me/anragab

Re: Collection interaction

Posted by Ahmed Ragab <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

To be honest I have marked the objects as persistenceCapable... and then
things went back to normal. I was somehow in a hurry so I didn't have
enough time to investigate. However it seems that isis was trying to
persist the objects which was failing and then an error message failed to
persist was displayed.

On another hand, it would be great if there is a way to inline actions for
collection elements (shown on each row) because creating a top Level action
that selects first one of the elements is not really intuitive for the
users.

Another question is how to alter the order of elements in a list? Is it
also a top level action or there are any viewer extensions that I can take
advantange of?

Thanks for your time,
Ahmed

Re: Collection interaction