Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Eric Daras <er...@dafriser.be> on 2001/10/26 22:59:41 UTC

Storing informations

Bonjour,

I can find in the documentation something like that :

"Until the user actually logs in, it is only possible to store temporary
data for that users session.  When the user logs in, it is possible to
store permant information by simply putting data into a hashtable. The
implementation of the User object (ie: TurbineUser) in the framework
takes care of the issues involved with serializing that information to a
resource such as a database or file on the hard disk."

I'm just a beginner and i want to know how to store temporary data
available during the user session and how to define permanent
informations.  Where can I get some examples ?

Excuse for the bad English

Meci d'avance

Eric Daras

nntp server for jakarta newsgroups

Posted by Jakarta <ja...@dyxn.net>.
hi all,
"fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
but,
"we believe in eating our own dogfood"

i set up james to serve newsgroups for jakarta.
try it if you like. i'm open to any and all recommendations for changes.
my personal email is my first name at this domain.
the server will be available from now onwards.

news.dyxn.net or 208.191.61.107

thanks,
rhys dixon

Re: Storing informations

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@apache.org>.
> I'm just a beginner and i want to know how to store temporary data
> available during the user session and how to define permanent
> informations.  Where can I get some examples ?

data.getUser().setTemp(key, value);

data.getUser().setPerm(key, value);

Stephane