Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by --- <lu...@gmx.at> on 2005/03/05 12:11:00 UTC

small howto in german for debian...for non professional use

hi,
I've done a small howto for debian (installing and configuration)
for private users to get apache run quickly.

This HowTo is in attachement.
Please proof it and decide whether you can use it on your
documentation-site or not.
Please give me response.

Re: small howto in german for debian...for non professional use

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Erik Abele wrote:

> While I really appreciate any effort to come up with new documentations
> I'm also srongly -1 on this one. Some points to consider:

[...]

ACK.

nd
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: small howto in german for debian...for non professional use

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 05.03.2005, at 12:11, --- wrote:

> hi,
> I've done a small howto for debian (installing and configuration)
> for private users to get apache run quickly.
>
> This HowTo is in attachement.
> Please proof it and decide whether you can use it on your
> documentation-site or not.
> Please give me response.

While I really appreciate any effort to come up with new documentations
I'm also srongly -1 on this one. Some points to consider:

	* language/style
		IMHO the language style used (I do not mean DE/EN/...) should be
consistent with the exisiting docs;
		I don't think this is the case with the submitted one.

	* format
		I guess everyone here would appreciate a somewhat formatted version,
e.g. XML

	* content
		- quality: IMHO the quality should be comparable to the existing
docs; in this case
		  it's just a rough and dirty overview of a basic Apache installation
and furthermore
		  one can easily spot some obvious 'mistakes'
		- very OS-specific: I'd like to see such content hosted at the OS
vendor's site and not
		  at our site - I'm aware of /docs-xx/platform/... and the docs there
are fine but I don't
		  think we should extend this to different Linux distros,
installation methods etc.

	* submitted anonymously: oh well, do we have any (legal) issues with
anonymous contributions?

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,
Erik

Re: small howto in german for debian...for non professional use

Posted by --- <lu...@gmx.at>.
ok! sorry!
I've changed it again because of the chmod problem:

Re: small howto in german for debian...for non professional use

Posted by --- <lu...@gmx.at>.
Add-on: I've chosen chmod 777 instead of the much more secure chmod 775
because the user can quickly and comfortably make changes to the
fieles and directories.
If you think that is not the way...just change the 7 to a 5.

Posted by --- <lu...@gmx.at>.