Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/18 04:34:22 UTC

Re: Time for a release??

BTW: is there any possibility of getting an axis2 release for this synapse
release? My personal understanding is that, we will not be able to get an
axis2 release to go with the synapse release. In which case can we back to
the axis2-1.4.1 release for the synapse release?

Also, we will need new transport release as well....? Can that be depend on
the axis2-1.4.1 as well?

So what would be the time line for the release?

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi Eric
>
>>  The default of caching forever is generally a good thing. Only in certain
>> situations I want to be able to *temporally* change those values without
>> having to restart the JVM.
>>
>> Currently the workaround I see (if having a loadbalanced cluster in place)
>> per node before and after any IP change:
>> - switch to maintenance
>> - do JVM-restart with changed values (incorporated into startup scripts)
>>
>> With Java 6 I can have a small management console, iterate over all nodes
>> and call a simple MBean method in one single step without introducing much
>> overhead - seems to work pretty well.
>>

> Cool, this is certainly valid and good approach..
>
>> Just another question: If not using script mediator, is it save to use
>> Java 6 with Synapse?
>>
> Yes, I believe so.. however, I guess all developers are currently on JDK
> 1.5.x by default, and we do not load test etc with JDK 1.6 yet
>
>> Does someone already use this combination in production? Do all other
>> Unit-Tests pass?
>>

> Not to my knowledge, as we recommended JDK 1.5 for the last release..  But
> we will certainly look to support both 1.5 and 1.6 for the next release of
> Synapse 1.3
>
> asankha

Ruwan Linton
http://wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com/

Re: Time for a release??

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Cool...

So if we are to go with the proposed axis2-1.5 release our time line will
depend on it, which will make synapse release date to be some where around
end of November.

I think it is OK...

Thanks,
Ruwan