Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2009/12/03 04:12:32 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release RC3 as Log4PHP 2.0.0

I was able to nearly rebuild the release which had only minor variations from in the generated documentation.  Every generated docfile had a "Documentation generated by" timestamp which obviously varied.  The other issue is that my check build had a few places where classes appeared in different order (Direct Dependents in docs/log4php/LoggerAppender.html, for example).  The release build was alphabetically sorted while mine had no obvious sort order.

Took a little trial and error to get a configuration down, but from a non stock Ubuntu 9.04 with Sun Java 6, Apache Maven 2 and PHP 5 already installed, I still needed to do:

sudo pear upgrade PEAR
sudo pear channel-discover pear.phpunit.de
sudo pear install phpunit/PHPUnit
sudo apt-get install php5-xdebug
sudo pear install XML_Serializer-0.19.2
sudo pear install --alldeps PEAR_PackageFileManager2

Then ran:

mvn site assembly:assembly

mvn rat:check reports that many of the generated documentation files do not have ASF source file headers as previously noted.

Reproducible, no obvious legal issues other than the generated doc issue.  Here is my +1 to push it to the Incubator PMC.

Re: [VOTE] Release RC3 as Log4PHP 2.0.0

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Dec 3, 2009, at 4:45 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Thanks Curt! I appreciate your effort and will document your installation guide
> How many +1 are necessary for pushing forward?

Three binding +1's and 72 hours elapsed is the general practice.  I checked the asf-authorization file and all three +1's are in the logging-log4php group which is my best approximation of the PPMC membership list, so I think we have three binding votes and we've exceeded 72 hours.  I think we are good to go to the Incubator PMC.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#release-guidelines

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.