Posted to user@struts.apache.org by fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/02 20:36:23 UTC

struts and JSTL

using struts 1.2.7

Used c tags in my jsp and also gave this

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

in web.xml
  <taglib>
      <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

  <taglib>
          <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt</taglib-uri>
          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

  <taglib>
          <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml</taglib-uri>
          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/x.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

  <taglib>
          <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/sql</taglib-uri>
          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/sql.tld</taglib-location>
   </taglib>

thinking one of the jars in it will have the JSTL stuff. Which ar has the
JSTL stuff in it?

Where can I get the tld's for these.

I don't see the above tld's in my proj. I might have to get them. Where can
I get these from?

Thanks.

Re: struts and JSTL

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/5/05, fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Servlet engine 2.4. What will be the different advice?
>
> My web.xml looks something like this
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>   PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
>   "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

Does your app need to work in a Servlet 2.2 container?  My Servlet 2.4
web.xml looks like this:

<web-app      xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
            version="2.4">

> In the forums I am seeing that it should be different one for JSTL 1.1 to
> work.

For JSTL 1.1 you need (for lack of a better explanation) the URIs with
'jsp' in them, such as:
   <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

Take a look at the Getting Started page for more information:
   http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/standard/GettingStarted.html

--
Wendy

Re: struts and JSTL

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/5/05, fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Servlet engine 2.4. What will be the different advice?
>
> My web.xml looks something like this
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>  PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
>  "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
>
> <web-app>
> </web-app>
>
> is it right one?
> In the forums I am seeing that it should be different one for JSTL 1.1 to
> work.
>
> Where can I get that web.xml from?

<snip/>

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

-Rahul

Re: struts and JSTL

Posted by fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com>.

Re: struts and JSTL

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: struts and JSTL

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
fea jabi wrote:
> using struts 1.2.7
>
> Used c tags in my jsp and also gave this
>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
>
> in web.xml
>  <taglib>
>      <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
>      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/c.tld</taglib-location>
>  </taglib>
>
>  <taglib>
>          <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt</taglib-uri>
>          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
>  </taglib>
>
>  <taglib>
>          <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml</taglib-uri>
>          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/x.tld</taglib-location>
>  </taglib>
>
>  <taglib>
>          <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/sql</taglib-uri>
>          <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/sql.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
> thinking one of the jars in it will have the JSTL stuff. Which ar has
> the JSTL stuff in it?
>
> Where can I get the tld's for these.
>
> I don't see the above tld's in my proj. I might have to get them. Where
> can I get these from?

The TLDs are bundled with the JSTL implementation. Struts doesn't bundle
a JSTL implementation, you'll need to download and install it seperately
  [1]. Whether you want the Standard 1.0 or Standard 1.1 taglib depends
on your servlet container. Also, depending on your servlet container,
you probably don't need those entries in web.xml.

L.

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/