Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/06/11 16:12:10 UTC

gsoc taverna mobile testing

Hello,

Got the app installed in android studio and ran it successfully. Had to delete the duplicate LoginActivity I mentioned in a previous email. Here are some of my thoughts and findings:

*         What is supposed to happen when clicking on open workflow from the dashboard? I get a "choose workflow" message and "no apps can perform this action". I assume this has not been implemented yet. Would it be a file chooser with workflows that are on the device?

*         In the workflow detail page it is not obvious that you can scroll to the right to get more details, is this a standard android way of doing things? Or does the app need some sort of visual cue to help users?

*         The licence/policy page is aqua colour but the others are white. Is each alternate page supposed to be a different colour?

*         I get a "Skipped 92 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread" reported in android studio which I remember seeing with the original tavern mobile app as well. It might not be important but just something to note.

*         I saw a "Storage Error. Directory not created" error flashed on the emulator device for a second when navigating back from workflow detail using the arrow beside the "Workflow Detail" header. Doesn't seem to happen when using the built in nav arrow at the bottom of the screen.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: gsoc taverna mobile testing

Posted by Larry Akah <la...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, run 4 actually contains those fields.
I guess i am starting to see the mandatory and optional fields. I will then
parse the results based on these criteria then.
Thanks

--
*Akah Larry N.H*

*Lead Software Engineer @ GiftedMom*
*Founder IceTeck Inc*
*www.iceteck.com*

Developing technologies for emergence and sustainable development.

Re: gsoc taverna mobile testing

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 12-Jun-15 17:04, Larry Akah wrote:
> Hello
> I just sent the request http://heater.cs.man.ac.uk:3000/runs/1 to the
> player and i received the following response:
> {"id":1,"name":"Hello Anyone With 3 Inputs run 12 Jun 2015 13:43:24
> UTC","workflow_id":1,"state":"failed","start_time":null,"finish_time":"2015-06-12T13:43:40.891Z","status_message":"Failed","inputs":[{"name":"in","depth":0,"value_type":"text/plain","value_size":null,"path":"/runs/1/input/in"},{"name":"in2","depth":0,"value_type":"text/plain","value_size":null,"path":"/runs/1/input/in2"},{"name":"name","depth":0,"value_type":"text/plain","value_size":null,"path":"/runs/1/input/name"}],"outputs":[]}
>
> The issue there is from the Player API docukentation, the above response
> would contain the following missing fields
> - outputs_zip
> - log

outputs_zip may be missing because the state is "failed". It is possible
that you cannot see the log because the run is owned by Finn. Can you
see the information for run 4?

> Any reason for that? What are the mandatory fields and which ones are
> optional as the API docs seem to lack complete documentation on some of
> these.

> Cheers

Alan

Re: gsoc taverna mobile testing