Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Edgar Gonzalez <eg...@valhallaproject.com> on 2002/05/10 00:55:40 UTC

Connecting to database using the login/password of the application user

Hi,

I need to open database connections using the login/password introduced by the user in the login form, instead of using the values in TR.props.

That's because our customer has set security rules in the database, so the application user will match the database user.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced with something like that?

I think about building another connection pool where the connection will be retrieved by [database name, username], or putting the connection into the session.

what do u think about it?

thanks in advance

Edgar