Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marcel Schepers <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/18 19:03:01 UTC

JBoss dependency causes ClassCastException

Hello,

Last week I switched from version 4.0.2 to version 4.1.1. At first sight the
upgrade went very smooth, Maven downloaded all dependencies and Maven's
jetty:run worked like a charm. The moment I deployed my code on Jetty
6.1.0a ClassCastException in one of my servlet filters popped up. This
filter
uses JNDI to get hold of a javax.sql.Datasource instance. The datasource
instances is provided by Commons DBCP. To make a long, very frustrating
story short, Tapestry's contrib library version 4.1.1. has a dependency to a
jboss-j2ee that contains the javax.sql.Datasource interface. I do not know
if this is a Jetty issue or not. But I am puzzled that the JBoss archive
contains javax.sql classes and interfaces that are provided by Java 1.4 and
1.5. Why o why does JBoss bundle the java.sql package?

Have a nice day,
Marcel Schepers

Re: JBoss dependency causes ClassCastException

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Ohh....Sorry my confusion then. It is for 4.1.2 .

Posted by Marcel Schepers <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
It is.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.