Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by da...@accessnetworks.ch on 2001/12/26 15:26:56 UTC

AW: Exception while connecting to thr Databese from within a serv let. Public mailing list archive?

I have exactly the same problem - tell me if you find a solution.

Daniel

Posted by Don Esteban <do...@gmx.de>.
Hello again,

the problem was that I just copied the .jar files from the
%DBXML_HOME%/java/lib to the WEB-INF/lib Directory. The openorb-1.2.0.jar
caused the problem. With the following .jar files it should work:

dbXML.jar
juggernaut-1.0.jar
xalan-2.0.2.jar
xerces-1.4.3.jar
xmldb.jar
xmldb-sdk.jar

Regards
Stefan

Posted by Jamil Ali <ja...@yahoo.com>.
This is from the faq. It's not the same error, but
sounds related:

11a. CORBA ORB failure

   org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default
ORB imp
   jacorb.orb.ORB  minor code: 0  completed: No
     at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
     at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
     at
java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.jav
     at
org.omg.CORBA.SystemException.<init>(SystemException.j

This is a fairly common error that one will encounter
when using
dbXML.  It has to do with the CORBA ORB that dbXML
uses by default
(JacORB) not being found on startup, which leads the
Java VM to
fall back to the standard Sun ORB.  The Sun ORB is not
fully
compliant, and won't work with dbXML.  Making sure
that the
JacORB Jar is on your CLASSPATH is usually all you
need to do to
resolve this.  Also, you'll want to copy
orb.properties to your
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ directory.

http://greetings.yahoo.com