Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2019/01/29 19:33:33 UTC

Re: Any23 version 2.3.

Hi Dave,
Any23 2.3 is basically ready to release but there was one issue which was
identified as follows
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ANY23/issues/ANY23-422
Can you possibly look into this? I don't have time right now. Once that it
done I can spin a release candidate... otherwise we would be releasing the
CLI code which we know is buggy.
Thanks and apologies for your frustration.
Lewis

--
http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/lewismc

Re: Any23 version 2.3.

Posted by David Cockbill <da...@screamingfrog.co.uk>.
Hi Lewis,

I could not find how to fork etc on https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=any23.git. So I assume this is synchronised from PR’s from github.

I have therefore raised a PR on github for ANY23-422. If I have pushed to the wrong place, then please enlighten me!

I hope this helps,
Dave

From: lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, 31 January 2019 at 16:55
To: David Cockbill <da...@screamingfrog.co.uk>
Cc: Danny Gonzalez <da...@screamingfrog.co.uk>, "dev@any23.apache.org" <de...@any23.apache.org>, "firedrake93@gmail.com" <fi...@gmail.com>, "p_ansell@yahoo.com" <p_...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Any23 version 2.3.

Excellent. This may simply not have been caught because folks are not using the CLI as much as the embedded code in thier apps.
Can you please open a PR with the suggested change and we can review.
Thank you very much for this. This is the last issue we will address for the 2.3 development drive... the team fixed 100 issues so it is time to roll a release candidate.
Thanks

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 02:33 David Cockbill <da...@screamingfrog.co.uk>> wrote:
Hi Lewis,
wrt: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ANY23/issues/ANY23-422
So a colleague of mine had a look at this yesterday. I have put his assessment into the bug.

Essentially the cli pom file is pulling in test resources for the main build. This is then expecting the PeopleExtractorFactory to be present, but this is only part of the test build. Hence the messages.

The recommendation is to remove the strange dependency on the test resources from the main build.

<configurationSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test/resources</configurationSourceDirectory>

Removing this from the pom fixes the issue. However, we are unsure whether this will have any knock on consequences.
The commits in question are by Hans (firedrake93@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>) and Peter Ansell (p_ansell@yahoo.com<ma...@yahoo.com>).

Please advise on a course of action and whether I need to involve Peter and Hans in a decision (actually I copied them in).

Thanks,
Dave.

From: lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at 21:46
To: David Cockbill <da...@screamingfrog.co.uk>>

No problem. Thanks for letting me know. If you are unable also please let me know and I can try to fix the big.
Thanks

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:35 AM David Cockbill <da...@screamingfrog.co.uk>> wrote:
Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I’ll see if I can wrangle an item on my backlog to look at this. At the moment I have not really had a look into the Any23 source code, so can’t promise anything in the near term. But nice to know I could influence the next release 😊.

Thanks again,
Dave

Re: Any23 version 2.3.

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.